What a horrible, rotten week. Josh and Maryn are still sick. Josh seems to be on the upswing now, while Maryn seems to be getting worse or staying just as bad. Monday night she threw up probably 10 - 12 times. She couldn't get comfortable at all and anytime you would move her even just ever so slightly she would vomit. We had a scary moment where she started choking on her vomit and stopped breathing... I freaked out but luckily Josh was there and he stepped in and got her to get it out and start breathing again. Thank God she's okay. After things finally calmed down a little, I found a good position to hold her in (that didn't bother her stomach) and I just sat there holding her while she slept from 2:30 am - 5:30 am. It was a long night to say the least. Yesterday she was acting sick (with glimpses of hope at times) but still had some diarrhea. Well last night she was up quite a few times dry heaving. Now she just wants to sleep. We're working very hard at trying to keep her hydrated which I think is going just fine. She will take a bottle if we offer it to her (this morning she was mad that we wouldn't give her more) and she is consistently having wet diapers. I'm just praying this doesn't last much longer and that Makenna can stay healthy.
Okay strike that - Makenna just told me she wasn't feeling good, so I took her temp and she has a fever. Looks like we're adding to the sick list at our house.
My sick little MarBear... she just lays her head on anything she can find, but her favorite pillow right now is Pup Pup. This is her yesterday resting her head while in her exersaucer. To give you some idea of how sick she is, typically she will throw a fit if we try to put her in this thing (because it limits her mobility) but while she's been sick she welcomes it because it supports her and thus she doesn't have to work as hard to sit up.
No comments:
Post a Comment