This child is on a roll lately. It is just one thing after another. I feel like I have at least a few really good stories to tell Josh each night when he comes home.
I took Makenna shopping with me to Toys R Us to pick out Maryn's birthday presents. Makenna insisted on buying her this little toy piggy bank that she had played with at a friend's house and loved (you can already see her motivation behind this, can't you?!). Well we got it home and she kept begging me to let her take it out of the box and play with it. I repeatedly explained to her that it was Maryn's gift and that we need to wrap it and give it to Maryn on her birthday. Well Makenna decided to give it one last try... I was washing dishes and she came up to my side and once again said "Mommy can I open the piggy bank?" I said "No you can't." She replies with "But I talked to God mommy and He said that Jesus said it was okay to get the piggy bank out." I couldn't believe this was coming out of her mouth. And just a day or so before this when I told her no to something else she responded with "Uh-huh mommy, the Bible said so!" Well at least she's soaking up everything we're trying to teach her about God and the Bible, but the stinker already thinks she's going to use God against us to get her way!
On that same trip to the toy store that I was talking about before, I caved in and bought Makenna a Toby train (from Thomas the Train if you didn't know ;). She was so thrilled to have Toby and insisted on carrying him around the rest of the time while we were running errands(still in the packaging mind you). So the excitement continued and the next morning while I was getting Maryn and myself ready for church (Josh was sick) I told Makenna she could watch Thomas the Train for a little while. Low and behold, the story that day was about Toby... she picks up her new Toby train off the floor holds him up to the television and says "Toby do you want to see yourself on TV?! There you are!"
And on a sweet note (at least for me) - the other day I was holding and snuggling with Makenna on the couch. She looked up at me and at that moment she immediately reminded me of Josh (both of my girls have this ability). I told her "You're just like your Daddy." To which she responded "No Mommy, I want to be just like you!" Sorry Josh, but it just melted my heart :)
Monday, August 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment