Maryn is talking, talking, talking! She says "mama", "nenna", "hi", and "pup pup" but her all time favorite phrase is "Hi Daadee!" I can't quite type how it sounds (since it doesn't sound exactly like Daddy), but it is so adorable! She does it in this high-pitched squeal and just about turns inside out! When Josh comes home from work she starts flailing her arms and bouncing up and down. She's always so excited to see Josh. He is definitely her favorite person these days :)
Maryn has really gotten into reading lately. We read to her almost every time before she goes to sleep (two naps per day plus bedtime). She does all the typical things that Makenna used to do (pet the pictures, turn the pages, etc), but she is very particular about her books. She has about a dozen or so books that she loves, but will not stray outside of those books. I try introducing at least one "not favorite" book each time we read and she will push it away, try to get off my lap or shut the book on me! Every time without fail! There are a few new books that over time she has come to love (Elmo's book about Love, The Bunny Hop, and That's Not My Bunny), but she likes to stick with her old standbys :) I guess she's a creature of habit just like her mommy! Now if I could only figure out how to get her to love two of my favorite children's books (The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Brown Bear Brown Bear).
Makenna has been sick this past week. From Sunday afternoon until about Thursday morning she was fighting off some type of virus. She had a fever that would only go down with Tylenol and was just kind of out of it. Luckily she is feeling much better now. Today she got her haircut and she's very excited about school starting in a few weeks. Her vocabulary continues to provide entertainment for us. The other day she told me "Mommy I'm impressed" when I was doing something for her!
Friday, August 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment