Unfortunately this blog was born out of illness... Josh's and Maryn's. I guess you could count Makenna too since she has been sick for two out of the four weeks of August. Josh was sick with a stomach bug all weekend long and Maryn started off our day today by vomiting all over me and the couch after her first bottle this morning. Luckily Maryn seems to be doing okay up to this point (at least much better than Josh), but taking care of my little munchkin got me to thinking about some things.
Now I know it's been done before and talked about many times, but it just amazes me the variety of jobs a mom peforms and how well moms have to be at multi-tasking. We wear so many "hats" as moms! This is just what I could think of this morning as I was rocking my sick little baby...
Nurse, Doctor - obviously on the top of my mind today
Psychologist, Counselor
Maid, Dishwasher
Short-Order Cook, Personal Cook, Baker
Chauffer
Coach - Josh and I had fun just the other night playing softball with Makenna in the backyard - she's better when you pitch to her than with a tee!
Teacher
Referee
Health Care Advocate
Spiritual Advisor - one of the most important aspects of the job if you ask me
Massage Therapist - hours and hours logged in rubbing or tickling backs at bedtime :)
Personal Shopper - can any other mom tell me the last time she actually went to the store to shop for herself?
Professional Entertainer (ie. Singer, Musician, Dancer, Puppet Master, Dramatic Story Teller)
Artist (ie. Painter, Colorer)
Security Guard - mostly comes in handy when you have pesky neighborhood kids like we do
Banker
Comedian - oh the stupid things you'll do to make a baby smile!
Detective - who left the slimy streak of grape jelly across the floor?
Hairstylist - more likely for those of us with girls
Manicurist - we all know how difficult it is to trim a tiny babies fingernails, but have you ever tried to paint bubblegum pink nailpolish on a 3 year olds toenails??
Photographer/Videographer - this is definitely my favorite artistic aspect of the mom "job"
Author
Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy - Josh thinks I get a little carried away with this one
Warden - this is only for the really bad days ;)
Waitress - can any mom honestly tell me the last time she ate a hot meal?
Events Coordinator - I get to really try this out in the next few weeks... Makenna will have preschool twice a week, church on Wednesday nights, Ballet on Tuesday afternoons, and playgroup for the girls on Friday morning. And as soon as Maryn gives up her morning nap we are going to take Mommy and Me swimming classes. This probably doesn't sound like much to those of you with older kids but it will definitely be a switch for me.
Pharmacist - Tylenol, Orajel and Ibuprofren count... right?
Police Officer
Some of you could probably add seamstress to your list, but since I couldn't even sew on a button if I tried I decided I shouldn't add that :)
Any moms out there have anything to add? I'm sure there are many things that I am missing that us moms do on an every day basis. It's amazing how many things you learn to master in order to be a mom. But our little darlings are so worth it... I'm glad I can be Maryn's nurse and be the one to comfort her. Being a mom is so priceless and definitely a gift from God.
Monday, August 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment