Tuesday when I was picking up Makenna from preschool, Hanna's mom came up to me and said "Do you know that Makenna is the coolest person in the world?!" I didn't quite know how to respond so I said "Really?!" And she said "Yes at least that's what Hannah tells me!" I was glowing! As a mom I always worry about my kids making friends and being liked by others and this made me realize that she is apparently the same sweet, kind, charming kid at school that she is at home. What a relief :) That same afternoon Makenna also told me that Hanna is her new best friend so I think the two of them have really hit it off!
Makenna is saying/doing some of the funniest things lately...
Every once in awhile when she is trying to dress herself she will get frustrated if her underwear or pants are inside out. She will always ask me "Mommy can you turn these inside outside." :)
For some reason, Makenna uses the term hand-me-downs at all the wrong times and apparently doesn't know what it means. It will just all of a sudden pop up in a random conversation. Example "Mommy we need to get home because the hand-me-downs are coming."
Whenever Makenna is drinking something and starts to cough she will say "I think I have something stuck in my pipes!" Now duckie regularly gets food stuck in his pipes too ;)
We always tell Makenna to smile big when we are taking her picture. She will usually oblige and then if we ask her a second time she will put her fingers in her mouth, point to her teeth and through clenched teeth declare "I am smiling!"
We have been trying to teach Makenna about telling the truth and lying. It's an intangible concept so it's rather hard to explain to a 3 year old. This all came about because we would ask her if she washed her hands before dinner or after going to the bathroom and she would say "yes" when we knew she really hadn't. Well we've been going over this repeatedly with her lately about how it's not good to lie, but now she thinks that the word "lie" is a naughty word. Anytime we tell her not to lie she immediately tells us "Don't say that mommy, it's a naughty word!" Luckily they had a lesson all about the truth and lying at church on Wednesday night and for some reason that stuck with her better than all the times we have talked to her about it. Go figure. At least she learned it somewhere.
Friday, September 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment