Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It's A Duckie!

Last night Josh had to stay in Dubuque for work so it was just me and the girls for the evening. Since I was on my own, I had to try and figure out a way to squeeze in a workout without someone to watch the girls. As I was going upstairs to put Maryn to bed I asked Makenna if she wanted to do TaeBo with me after I put Maryn to bed. Well apparently she was so excited about TaeBo because ALL of the toys in the living room were picked up when I came back downstairs :) She had to make sure that we had enough room to TaeBo!

Well we're TaeBo-ing our little hearts out and she is loving every second of it (and she is actually pretty good) when all of a sudden she says to me "Last time I did this was when I was at the hospital with a baby in my tummy last year." I was like "What?!" She repeated it once again and said "Yeah when I was at the hospital when duckie was in my tummy and duckie was born." I was baffled and not quite sure where all this was coming from (trust me, I asked her to repeat what she said probably a half dozen times because I wasn't sure I was hearing it right). Then she went into all about how she's duckie's mommy and she feeds him and makes him take a nap and that he's a good little duckie :) Then all of a sudden it hit me... the very last time I did TaeBo (with Makenna) was only a few weeks right after Maryn was born. Since then I have pretty much only been going to the gym or running or biking outside for exercise. So when I mentioned TaeBo tonight apparently she was remembering us TaeBo-ing right after Maryn was born and thus transferred that entire experience to herself and duckie being born :) Don't you love the way little kids' minds work?!

No comments: