Monday, September 17, 2007

I've Got A Tail!

As are most 3 year olds, Makenna is fascinated by her independence in going to the bathroom by herself. She loves playing with the toilet paper, kleenexes and water and almost always makes a mess of the bathroom after she's been in there. Well the other day she comes strutting out of the bathroom, no pants or underwear on, and says "Look Mommy! I've got a tail!" Yep, she has a long string of toilet paper stuck in her bottom and it's flowing right along behind her on the ground. She was so incredibly proud of herself. Of course she had to repeat the tail episode again a few days later because she thought she was so funny (probably also because I made the mistake of laughing at her when she walked out with the tail the first time! :)

As I've talked about before, Makenna has a very vivid imagination and oftentimes will play with imaginary friends. When she was 2 she had an imaginary friend named Heem, but he seems to have moved away ;) But now we have Meria and Jeria. She talks about them all the time. And the funny thing is that Jeria was around for probably a month before Meria emerged. If anyone ever wants some unique baby name ideas, just hang out with Makenna for awhile :)

Maryn is talking a lot lately. She still says most of the same words, but is using them more often and with more purpose (instead of just the baby babble). It is common knowledge at our house that she talks about Dada the most and says his name the most. Well the other day the girls and I were in the van going somewhere and Maryn starts saying "Mama Mama Mama" in the backseat. Makenna enthusiastically says "She said Mama, not Dada!" Yes, I was shocked too :) But very pleased!

We just got back from Maryn's 1 year doctor's appointment. Poor little peanut hated those shots. When we got home, she had a little lunch and then went straight down for a nap. She continues to be a little peanut... she was 29 3/4 inches long (60%) but barely weighed in at 19 lbs. They were really giving her the benefit of the doubt by putting down 19 lbs because the scale kept going down to 18 lbs. 13 oz, 14 oz, 15 oz. etc. 19 lbs. puts her in the 15% for her age. Her length percentage has gradually been going higher and her weight percentage has gradually been going down. They're not concerned because she's still putting on weight, but it just shocks me that it's so low with how much food this child consumes. She seriously eats more than some elementary school kids I know!

Dr. Sterling also followed up on quite a few different issues for us. Checked Maryn's birthmarks and they all seemed to be doing well and are not worrisome. Also checked the Epstein Pearls in her mouth that she developed at 9 months and she said that they will go away on their own over time (a few others have already gone away). Dr. Sterling also checked Maryn's left breast from where she had the horrible scary breast infection at 4 weeks old. This is an issue that I still worry about constantly since it was something so out of the ordinary for a baby to have. I probably am a little overprotective, but I think I have the doctor check it every time we go into the office for a well check. Dr. Sterling said that her left breast bud continues to be slighted more enlarged than her right one but that it is not a cause for concern at this time. Thank God.

Josh had his hands full trying to put Maryn to bed a few weeks ago.



Snack time at our house! Maryn was loving the frozen waffle because she had a tooth coming in that day!


Makenna had to be a copycat and have a frozen waffle too! And she was so thrilled to have an extra special treat that day and get a juice box leftover from the party!

No comments: