Friday, September 28, 2007

Bicycle Cheesecake

We had fun celebrating Josh's 29th birthday yesterday! When he came home I surprised him and the girls were wearing new t-shirts that I had bought them for next triathlon season. Maryn's says "Future Triathlete" and Makenna's says "My Daddy Trains Harder Than Your Daddy." Josh got a huge kick out of that! We let him pick whatever he wanted for dinner and he choose steak, twice baked potatoes, fresh broccoli and Texas toast on the grill. The girls and I opted for brats :) Then he opened some presents (which Maryn had already opened for him once that day - see picture below) and we had to get out the bicycle cheesecake and sing "Happy Birthday. Every year Josh asks for a cheesecake on his birthday because that is his all-time favorite dessert. Well Makenna was okay with that but just thought that Daddy should have a bicycle on his cake (don't all birthday cakes have decorations on them?!) I looked for a bicycle figurine at the store without any luck so we had to improvise at the last minute (to keep Makenna happy). We printed off a picture of the bike Josh can't wait to get and displayed it on his cheesecake. Makenna thought it was so cool :) I think Josh did too!

I heard some ripping noises coming from the next room and this is where I found Maryn unwrapping her Daddy's birthday presents...



The bicycle cheesecake that Makenna was so proud of!



Maryn has had a rough few days. She is getting (from what I can tell) three teeth in at the same time, a few of those being her 1 year molars. She has been absolutely miserable. Tylenol doesn't even seem to help. Yesterday she would just start screaming for no reason, insist on being held all the time, jam her hand into her mouth as hard as she could and sometimes accidentally bite her fingers from gnawing on everything. She would even purposefully crawl over to the tile or wood floors (where it was cooler) and place her cheek or mouth on it to make it feel better. I've tried everything, but I think it's unfortunately just one of those things she's going to have to go through. And she'll have lots of teeth to show for it when it's all said and done :) "

No comments: