Thursday, September 6, 2007

First Day of Preschool - Part 2

All good things to report here! Makenna's in love with preschool! :) The teacher releases them one-by-one when she sees the child's parent standing in the lobby and Makenna came running into my arms saying "That was so much fun Mommy!" What a great thing to hear :) Makenna already got to be the teacher's helper for the day today which was very exciting for her - she got to lead everyone in marching around the room. They sang songs, had carpet time, colored pictures, played with toys and had a snack (at least that's what I could get out of her). The cute part about the snack is that she kept telling me that she had milk, a banana and a "pencil," when actually it was a pretzel :) If you can't tell from her confusion, we don't eat pretzels at our house. And she accomplished one of the feats that I was worried about... she had a bowel movement at school. We just recently had her start wiping herself for bowel movements and I was a little worried about what this might present at preschool, but she did just great and didn't need any help from the teacher.

Preschool made her very, very tired... I could peek in the window when I got to preschool and see all the kids sitting on the carpet and there is Makenna laying down on the side of the carpet. I couldn't believe it and was hoping that wasn't a sign of a bad morning. Nope, she told me that "preschool make me tired mommy." Sure enough... she is actually taking a nap in bed this afternoon. Something that hasn't happened in months! Preschool must be tiring! But the most important part for me is that she told me she wants to go back and she keeps talking about it. Makes a mom feel good :)

No comments: