Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Cold Feet Update

Just wanted to give an update on my cold feet.... they are starting to warm up a little :) Josh encouraged me to try open water swimming again on Monday morning. It was much warmer out, the wind was fairly calm, and the sun was actually shining so I figured it was in my best interest. Logically I knew it was a good idea to try again before the race but I was seriously sick to my stomach the entire drive out to the lake. I couldn't imagine making myself go through it again.

Well there were a bunch of triathletes out at the lake swimming so I had hope that maybe it was better :) Josh went first and everything seemed to go well for him. I took my time getting acclimated to the water (probably 10 - 15 minutes before I would finally put my head under!) and then finally I swam! And it went very well!! I actually did it! I comfortably swam the crawl stroke and didn't swallow water every time I tried to breathe! I was so pumped when I got out of the water! Whew! What a relief! I think I thanked Josh 20 times for encouraging me to try again before the race. Now I know I can do it, I just need probably 20 - 25 minutes to warm up in the water before the race begins!

With that all said, my feet are still slightly cold... :)

No comments: