Thursday, May 8, 2008

More MarBear

A few more MarBear stories to add to the mix...

One of Maryn's favorite activities continues to be reading books, whether some one's reading them to her or she's reading to herself. Well lately little Miss Maryn has started to assert a little independence in regards to her reading style :) She will be sitting on my lap and I'll be reading her a book and she'll shake her head no repeatedly and put her hand over my mouth as I'm reading. If I continue to try and read out loud, she will continue to tell me no and cover up my mouth! She wants to do it all by herself and doesn't want any help from mommy!

Today at lunch Makenna asked if she could be done and I told her only if she took seven more drinks of her milk (Makenna is really into counting so we change the of the number of drinks or bites and it's great motivation to get her to finish her food). So Makenna started on her way, counting between each drink of milk. She got to five, paused and without missing a beat Maryn filled in the blank with "six"! Makenna looked at me all wide-eyed and said "Mommy she knows six!" I was in total amazement myself! I knew she could repeat counting to ten but it's looking more and more like she understands numbers far more than we had given her credit for.

No comments: