Thursday, September 25, 2008

19 Weeks 2 Days



So here you have it... my belly at 19 weeks and 2 days (picture taken by my 4 year old!). I would definitely say that the size of my belly is finally evening out. I felt so incredibly huge for so long and now I feel more appropriate for how far along I am. As you can tell from the picture above, somehow I am still in my regular jeans. I have numerous pairs of pre-pregnancy jeans that still fit me. The only reason I mention this is because it is so different from Makenna and Maryn - with Makenna I was in maternity pants by 15/16 weeks and with Maryn I was in maternity pants by 11 weeks. I am carrying so differently this time... definitely more up in my belly than in my hips (at least up until this point!).

I continue to feel good and am incredibly thankful for that. Honestly the only issues I can think of that I'm dealing with right now are occasional heartburn/indigestion and exhaustion. Oh yeah and the fact that I have to go to the bathroom every 20 minutes and my skin finally seems to be getting better (I typically have bad skin at the beginning of my pregnancies). Luckily though I've been able to sleep better lately so that helps in the exhaustion area.

Baby is an active one :) I can actually feel him/her moving around in my belly as I type this! I have been feeling movement since around 14 weeks but experienced my first good solid kicks last week (18 weeks 2 days). Josh and I were laying in bed talking and the baby just walloped me in the belly. Since Josh was right there he got to feel probably 6 kicks over a 2 minute period of time! It was so great to have him experience the first kicks with me :) He was impressed by how noticeable and hard they were! Our baby is feisty for a little peanut! But I guess that's not surprising given the personalities of our first two :)

Still no ultrasound but I should hopefully have a date for that next week. We pray that the baby is healthy and can't wait to get confirmation of that in an ultrasound.

No comments: