Friday, September 5, 2008

A Week Of Firsts

This was our official first week of fall. Everything seemed to start at once... school, dance class, Wednesday night church, playgroup, etc. Luckily we have a week to prepare for soccer and Bible study because I don't know if I could have handled one more thing on our schedule this week. Makenna is loving being back at school and hasn't missed a beat. She went running in this morning and I had to ask her to come back for a hug. I'm so glad that she is so eager and enthusiastic for school. Poor little Maryn is having a hard time coping with big sis being gone. She cried when we left her at dance class and wasn't too happy about not getting to go with Makenna to preschool this morning. Luckily we had playgroup this morning to distract Maryn, but when I asked her if she was ready to go get Nenny from preschool she ran as fast as she could out of the park towards our van! The girls are exhausted from the long week (as is mommy!) and I'm hoping everyone will crash for a nap this afternoon ;) Wishful thinking, right?!

So excited for preschool open house day! She was standing at the back door yelling "Come on Mommy! We're gonna be late!" She walked right in like she owned the place and made sure to talk to all of her teachers and all of her friends and played equal time with all of the toys. Her little social self is totally loving being back with all of her friends.


Maryn wanted to get in on the picture taking action this week as well. The funny thing was that she loved preschool open house all most as much as Makenna! She followed Makenna around (well as much as Makenna would let her) and tried to do everything she was doing. Sat next to her at the puzzle table, colored a picture with her, played in the kitchen, played Legos and even had to go on the big girl potty when Makenna went to use the bathroom! Monkey See, Monkey Do!


First day of dance class! Makenna has taken dance in the past through the Rec Center but she is now enrolled in a dance school/academy. It's a lot more serious than before but she has her heart set on being a dancer so we decided to give it a try. All the girls even have to have matching outfits at practice... black leotard and pink tights!


Her favorite aspect of dance class above and beyond is tapping. She could live without the ballet, but absolutely loves all the noise the taps on her shoes make!


1st Day of Preschool (2nd Year)


When did she get so big?! I just look at her in awe some days and wonder where all the time has gone. Boy will I miss her next year when she's at kindergarten. She's been my sidekick for 4+ years and I'm not sure what I'm going to do without her :(


Had to get the traditional pose on the stairs :)


I tried to get some pics of her standing outside her preschool but she wanted nothing to do with it. She was just too anxious to get inside! This is the best I could come up with. She definitely wasn't going to smile for me, I was lucky she'd even stand there!

No comments: