Saturday, September 27, 2008

All About Josh - 30 Years Old

Josh is probably going to kill me, but I decided in all fairness, I better do an "All About Josh" blog for him too since it's such a big birthday! I think I probably know him better than he knows himself so let's see how I do! Love you sweetheart!

Nicknames: Daddy

Weight & Height: Holding steady at 5'7 1/2, but sometimes tries to claim 5'8! He has lost a ton of weight due to training for triathlons and is typically somewhere around high 150s, low 160s nowadays.

Hair: The good news is that he still has LOTS of it! Thick, medium blond/light brown hair (depends on time of year) that grows faster than anything I've ever seen! He has strands of black and grey hairs in his head as well. I figured the grey would come with age, but the black has really thrown me for a loop.

Favorite foods: Josh is a very adventurous eater and loves to try new things. That is actually one of our favorite activities to do together (try out new restaurants and new foods). He is horrible about eating breakfast and I have to harp at him about that, he typically eats out for lunch and then eats dinner at home with us. Overall I would say he is a very health conscious eater minus his lunches every once in awhile :) As for his favorite food, there are probably a lot. He loves a good tuna steak. Any sushi. Claims the best hamburger in town is a Frog Burger at Al's Red Frog. Cheesecake. And any warm, hearty homemade meal that I make for him. He always loves what I cook and is always appreciative (minus a few weeks ago when I was in a hurry and made Hamburger Helper - he was not so thrilled about that)

Favorite Drink: Probably a good glass of red wine or a dark or amber beer. He also typically drinks at least one Diet Coke every day and a cup of coffee. He definitely needs his caffeine in the morning.

Favorite toys: Easy - His Felt B2 triathlon bike! He's really not into material things at all and could care less what he "has", but he LOVES his bike!

Favorite books: The Bible and probably anything to do with triathlons.

Favorite Game: Anything he can play with the girls.

Favorite stuffed animal: By default I would have to say Duckie and Puppy... those little animals now mean a lot to mommy and daddy as well! Heck, they help our children sleep through the night every night! What's not to love about them?!

Favorite Person: Can't be just one - Makenna, Maryn, baby and of course me!

Bedtime: He typically is ready to crash between 10:00 and 10:30 every night.

Wake-up time: There is a huge variation in this category... he could be up at 5:30 or sleep in until 9:00 (on the weekends). Depends on the time of year and how much he has to get done that day.

Naps: If he's getting to take a nap than the two of us need to have a little conversation :)

Latest Accomplishment: Completing 4 triathlons this past summer (7 in the past 2 years), including a 5 hour 20 minute finish on a half-Ironman triathlon in August!

Likes: fall, playing with the girls, Pearl Jam, reading anything and everything about triathlons, a good sermon at church on Sunday, comfy clothes, talk radio, having short, clean-shaven hair, being outside

Dislikes: when I don't take the garbage out and it starts to overflow, some of the neighbor kids, when his yard doesn't look perfect, public speaking/cold calls for work, bad drivers (especially those that aren't courteous to bike riders), and rude, ignorant people

What gets said about Josh most often: That he is the jokester at work and constantly causing trouble, comments about how young he looks (ie. people assume he is the intern at work :), that he is a great Dad and loves to have fun with the kids (he was even crowned Best Jedi Knight on our block last summer!)

Health: Due to triathlons and all of his training, he is in great health. He used to struggle with high blood pressure, but has managed to control it through exercise. The doctors were talking about blood pressure meds with him and that was enough to scare him into a serious exercise routine which lowered it almost immediately. He recently had a health work-up (for a new life insurance policy) and everything looked great. Even his cholesterol was in the good category (which I was skeptical beforehand due to the amount he eats out). He is in great physical shape and this past summer claimed that he was in the best cardiovascular shape of his life while training for the half-Ironman. That's a pretty impressive statement for someone who used to be a DI athlete!

Life's Aspirations: to raise healthy, strong, independent-thinking Christian children, to own and live on a large piece of land (30-40 acres would be great for him!), to complete a full Ironman triathlon (2 mile swim, 120 mile bike, 26.2 mile run), to continue growing his successful career at TrueNorth and hopefully retire at a moderately young age :)

So honey, how'd I do?! Did I miss anything? :)

Happy 30th Birthday Joshua!

No comments: