I honestly think that maybe I am a little out of my mind right now... I'm 39 weeks pregnant, I've been having the real-deal hard contractions regularly since Monday morning but yet today I thought it sounded like fun to make cut-out frosted sugar cookies with the girls! What was I thinking?! They loved it and had a blast (and are still feeling the effects of their sugar high!) but it took every last ounce of patience and stamina I have left in me. I'm absolutely drained now from being on my feet all afternoon, but I'm secretly hoping that maybe it will put me into labor! That would be a fun story! Maryn improved in her frosting and decorating abilities since Christmas and actually decorated one whole cookie before diving into her second one. Makenna continues to take great pride in her cookie decorating abilities! Anyway, here are some of the fun pictures from our afternoon :)
Concentrating hard on her decorating...

Maryn does not like to be messy and had to wipe her hands on the paper towel frequently throughout the process


Note Makenna's creative outfit... I dress this kid in appropriate, matching outfits each and every morning and she insists on changing into more summery outfits the minute she gets home from school. I suppose this is all part of being a girl and wanting to create your own "look" but I'm not liking the amount of laundry this produces.


One of the Makenna's finished products!

Could she shove her fingers any farther down her throat!! Have to make sure she gets all the frosting off her fingers!
No comments:
Post a Comment