She rolled over for the first time yesterday (10 1/2 weeks old). This child absolutely despises tummy time. I don't blame her as I think it upsets her tummy and she pukes almost every time she's on her tummy. Poor thing. Doesn't matter how long I wait until after she eats, she will still spit up. Despite that, I still try to do some tummy time with her every few days (yes, I know not enough, but you should hear her scream). Well yesterday we laid her on her tummy and surprise! She rolled over from her tummy to her back with ease! I tried two more times and she repeated it again (this of course after she puked all over her blanket and laid her head in it before I could move her or clean it up). Then I ran and got the video camera and got her 4th time ever rolling over on video! Makenna was so excited for her :)
I have reported about what a wonderful sleeper Maya is and she just keeps getting better and better. Over the past two or so weeks she has even been able to soothe herself to sleep. I can put her in her crib drowsy but not sleeping and she will fall asleep all on her own without making a fuss! This seems like such a big kid thing to be able to do! I'm so proud of my baby! She's sleeping anywhere from 8 - 10 hour straight each night with numerous long naps each day! Looks like we might have another good sleeper on our hands :)
Here's a great example of her soothing herself to sleep :) I'm very much a believer having your kids nap and sleep in their cribs (she was put in her crib immediately after I took this picture!), but I guess she was a little too tuckered out last weekend to even make it through playtime on her play mat.
No comments:
Post a Comment