I am so far behind on recording all of the girls cute little stories. I just don't seem to have the time to sit down and write them out. In no particular order....
A few months ago (I was still pregnant... extremely pregnant) I had to take the van in for some work. I always take the girls with me for oil changes and they do just fine waiting for that short amount of time, but this was our 30,000 mile maintenance and it was scheduled to take at least an hour and a half. I came prepared with lots of snacks and books and such but was very worried about how the morning would play out in the waiting room at the Toyota dealership. Well much to my surprise the girls were better than I could have imagined. The appointment took even longer than I thought and they were good the entire time. Towards the end of our time there a man that was working there and had been around most of the morning came up to me and said "Ma'am I just wanted to tell you how well behaved your children are. We don't see children behave as well as yours do nowadays." And then he went into all these stories about the terrible children they've had there recently. It was a very proud mommy moment to have a complete stranger tell me how well behaved my kids were.
I can't remember the situation surrounding the conversation, but Makenna was talking to one of her friends about dogs. She started to tell her friend about how her Papa and Nana had tons of dogs. Her friend was in awe that there were so many and Makenna responds with "They have that many so that way if one of them dies they have some extra ones."
One morning I was getting ready upstairs and I thought the girls were playing quietly in the basement. All of a sudden I heard Maryn screaming a very frustrated scream. I ran to see what the fuss was all about and there stands Maryn at the top of the stairs with her head and one arm raised above her head all stuck inside of the hole of her little potty seat!!! And it was stuck good! Even I had a hard time getting it off. I really wish I had a picture of that one. Not sure how that situation came to be, but she's two so I never put anything past her.
Maryn was holding Maya one evening and I knew it was going to be short-lived because I could tell Maya was getting agitated. Maryn was sitting there admiring Maya when all of a sudden Maya just started screaming. Maryn very irritated says "No Maya" and very abruptly covers Maya's mouth with her hand. Great example of why you never leave a 2 year old alone with a baby.
I've written many times about how much our girls love to wrestle. Well they've taken to wrestling so much that now they don't even need Daddy around to wrestle, they just wrestle each other. Now most people would say that Makenna has an unfair advantage and would assume that Maryn gets creamed. Much to the contrary... the girls were having one of their typical wrestling matches in the living room while Josh and I were busy in the kitchen. All of a sudden we hear Nenny upset and yelling for help. Maryn is on her knees, behind Makenna, and has Makenna in a choke hold and is trying to pin her to the ground! We tried to break up the situation and tell Maryn not to do that move because it could hurt Makenna but as soon as they started to wrestle again she did the exact same move. She's a smart little cookie and realized the move worked the first time so why wouldn't she try it again!
We have really been trying to work with Maryn on her prayers so that she is able to be more comfortable with non-recited prayers. Anyway, she listens to all the rest of us pray and it's interesting what she picks up and what is important to her. For probably a good month her evening prayer went as follows "Thank you God for Mommy, Daddy, Nenny, Maya, water, water, appey juice, appey juice. Amen!" We never knew how important water and apple juice were to her until she started praying for each one twice each night :) More recently she has included more serious matters in her prayers (such as food, shelter, health, etc) but has added in some of her favorite characters - "Thank you God for Mommy, Daddy, Nenny, Maya, food, drink, something inaudible, Cinderella, Rora (for Aurora), Jammas (for Jasmine), Dora. The End."
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment