Nicknames: Gracie, Grace, My My, Maya Baya, Boo, Goober
Weight & Height: 23 lbs 8 oz and over 32 inches long!! 60% for weight and 94% for height.
Hair: Hardly any hair. Josh and I forget sometimes just how old she is because her lack of hair still makes her look like such a baby! It is starting to fill in more on the top finally. Looks like she will be a little brown-haired beauty!
Favorite foods: Blueberries, black beans, puffs, oranges, strawberries, peas, green beans, and anything Italian (pizza, spaghetti, lasagna, ravioli, etc). Maya would eat only fruits and veggies if I let her and unfortunately I think that's what's leading to her iron deficiency issues (more on that below). I try to push foods high in iron, but she's definitely an opinionated toddler and she has her "preferences" when it comes to food. Unfortunately she has a bad habit of throwing the food that she doesn't like. Ugh.
Favorite Drink: Whole milk three times a day and water or watered down apple juice the rest of the day. She has a strong preference for drinking out of sippy cups with soft spouts... to the point that she won't drink much otherwise.
Favorite toys: Balls, swings, getting rides in her cars outside, anything her sisters are playing with
Favorite books: Anything Elmo!
Favorite stuffed animal: Teddy!
Favorite Person: She's a mama's girl lately!
Bedtime: Bedtime is creeping later and later with summer approaching... she goes down anywhere between 7:15 - 8:00 right now.
Wake-up time: She is fairly routine... 95% of days she's up between 7:00 - 7:30. She's unlike my other girls... if she goes to bed later she will actually sleep later in the morning. The other girls would always get up earlier!
Naps: One nap in the afternoon. Typically goes down around 1:00 and sleeps anywhere from 2 - 3 hours.
What she's saying: DaEee (Daddy), Mama, Nenna (Makenna), TeEe (Teddy), BaBy (Bye Bye), Ii (Hi), Ba (ball), Itty (kitty), ippy (sippy), PeeBoo (Peekaboo), Up, Uh-Oh, Uh-Ugh (her version of "no" while shaking her head)
Latest Accomplishment: Maya started full blown walking right around 14 months old! She is everywhere now! She has also turned into quite the climber. I found her standing on the desk chair the other day, holding my camera in one hand and trying to hit the computer keyboard with the other. She likes to carry around our little step stool and put it in places to make it easier to climb and get things! Stinker!
Likes: cotton balls (weird, I know), toothbrushes, standing at the bathroom sink, taking baths, being outside, anything that has to do with playing in water
Dislikes: taking medicine (mostly b/c her iron drops taste so bad), getting her teeth brushed (which is weird because at 12 months this was in the "like" category), getting carted around to all of her sisters' activities (she starts to fight the car seat after awhile), getting her fingernails trimmed, getting her diaper changed, anything small and dangerous that she's not suppose to have (think little jewelry beads, small bouncy balls, chap stick... anything her big sisters have that she can't)
Best known for: Her smiley disposition! Miss Paula at music class called her "our ray of sunshine" the other day at class!
Health: Everyone in our house suffered through the stomach flu in late March. Poor Maya got hit the hardest. She threw up well over 18 times if I remember correctly, with 14 of those times being in the first 3 hours. So scary. We also found out at Maya's 12 month Dr's appt that she has slightly low iron levels. I tried to fix it with diet alone for a month, but it didn't raise her levels enough to satisfy her doctor. Now she's on an iron supplement, although I have to admit that I'm not the best at forcing it on her. She hates it (it tastes horrible and it gives her stomach cramps) so I only force her to take it on days when she hasn't been eating well for me. Otherwise she's eating lots of black beans and Italian food with ground beef in it :)
Interesting Tidbits: Maya puts just about everything in her mouth. And I mean everything. I don't remember having a child that I had to worry about quite as much as her. Oh Maya. And it seems to be getting worse with age rather than getting better. I think it's odd that she's so fascinated with her mouth yet never took a pacifier or sucked her thumb.
No comments:
Post a Comment