Maya is
finally walking! Josh and I always debate about when you can declare that a child is truly walking... is it when they are taking just a few steps at a time or when they are walking 100% of the time? She took her first steps at 11 months and has been taking anywhere for 3-8 steps at a time consistently since then. But just in the last week or so, she has started to use walking as her main mode of transportation! She walked from the kitchen to the office the other day and walks regularly as her way of getting from one place to another. I knew it was coming a few weeks ago when she started bending down to pick stuff up and then could stand back up unassisted. That takes a lot of balance! So I'm proud to say my baby is walking! Yeah! It was a long time coming!
So to capture this big moment, I pulled my camera out this morning and followed her around for 10 minutes and this is what I got! I just love a toddler's walk... arms to the side for balance, legs spread wide, and of course the proud smile on her face!
I put my camera on the "sports" mode so it would take a few pictures in a row hoping to capture her forward motion....



Taking a well-deserved break!

Eating a waffle and walking at the same time. Of course she's already multi-tasking!


Trying to finish up that waffle!
No comments:
Post a Comment