Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chicken Fried

One of our girls' favorite activities is to listen to music and dance. They like some typical kids songs, but they've also grown quite fond of some of our music. One of those songs being "Chicken Fried" by Zac Brown Band. Maryn and Makenna know more of the lyrics to the song than I do! Anyway the other day I was singing a song out loud (some other country song) and Maryn was contently listening (I believe I was making lunch at the time). All of a sudden when there was a break in my singing she breaks in singing "Just a little bit of chicken fried!" And it makes me smile every time she asks to listen to this song by name - "Can I listen to Chicken Fried Rice?" :)

For awhile when Maryn would get frustrated or was not getting her way, she would lash out by yelling "I don't like you/Mom/Dad/Makenna" or whoever happened to be getting in the way of whatever she wanted. We have had numerous talks about how we don't say that to people and how it could hurt their feelings and that's not an appropriate way to vent our frustration. So she has come up with a solution that she thinks is acceptable - "I don't like somebody!" With little beady eyes staring at whoever has disciplined her or made her mad. Oh boy. That's the one we hear most often but she'll also throw a random object into the center of her wrath sometimes - "I don't like you clouds!"

No comments: