Monday, May 30, 2011

Last Day of 1st Grade

Where did the year go? Makenna is done with 1st grade! I seriously felt like we just started the year and now she's calling herself a 2nd grader! Ahhh! This mama is feeling old! Makenna had a wonderful 1st grade year. Makenna thrived in all areas once again. Her reading is outstanding (middle 4th grade level), she's in advanced math, never has had a behavioral issue at school, has lots of friends, and gets along with all of her teachers. She just enjoys school in every way and I'm so thankful!


Makenna on the last day of 1st grade! All ready for relay day!




Mrs. Seery's 1st grade class


Water balloon toss


Three legged race! I love the excitement on Makenna's face - her and Paityn won!


Makenna and her "at school" best friend Grace :)


Makenna on the playground... not sure who took this picture :)


For a little comparison, here is the 1st day of 1st grade... she sure has grown up!


A few of the changes from the beginning of the year until now include a few less teeth (and two new permanent ones), longer hair, and you can no longer see her scar from the stitches on her forehead (Thank God!)! Not to mention that I'm sure she's grown at least 3 inches :)

No comments: