It's official! Makenna is at her first day of preschool all by herself right now! She was so excited and did
extremely well! She was a little more of her typical draggy morning personality this morning when she got up (versus bounding out of bed ready to go like she did on Tuesday), but slowly came around and was jumping up and down yelling "Preschool! Preschool! Preschool!" before long! There were only two other little kids there playing outside when we arrived and she ran right over to them and started playing with them. When we told the kids it was time to go inside, her and her new little friend Hanna walked in the preschool hand in hand :) Makenna and Hanna ran to put their backpacks on their hooks and then put on their name tags. Makenna happily obliged to go to the bathroom first before I left and did a great job once again of navigating a strange bathroom all by herself. She came out, gave me a hug and an "I love you" and scampered off into the preschool room. I was a little nervous because one of the little boys started to shed a few little tears right as I was leaving Makenna but Mrs. Underwood did a great job of taking her under her wing and guiding her towards something so she wouldn't notice. So that was that... my little girl is beginning her educational journey. And I did fine, no tears, nothing... until I got home and realized how quiet my house is without her. I started to get a little teary-eyed and just reminded myself of how good this is for her. And how good it is for Maryn that she gets a little one-on-one time with Mommy while Makenna is gone (that is when she's not napping). So far so good... I'll report more later as to how Makenna did while she was there.
Traditional 1st Day of School picture -

Makenna jumping up and down yelling "I get to go to preschool!"

Me and my girls on Makenna's big day -
1 comment:
Can you believe you are the mom of a school age child?? Carrie:}
Post a Comment