Monday, October 1, 2007

Dada Dada Dada

If you've been around Maryn lately, you know that her favorite word (and person) is definitely Dada. She talks about him ALL the time, even if he isn't around. This morning Josh was gone to work before the girls even got up so Maryn immediately started searching the house for him saying "Dada Dada Dada" right after she woke up. When I pulled up the blinds to our big windows facing the backyard she immediately went over to the ledge and started peering out looking for him. It made me smile because on the weekends she stands there and watches Josh work out in the yard and he'll always play peekaboo with her and jump up and say "hi" to her. She stood there peering out that window for at least five minute this morning looking every which way for her dada, all the while repeatedly screeching "Dada! Hi Dada!" Finally I just had to call Josh at work so she could hear his voice :)

Then this afternoon we were driving home from the grocery store and Maryn was once again talking about Daddy :) In my rearview mirror I caught a glimpse of Makenna waving her arms towards Maryn (like she wanted to hit her) so I told her sit still and not bug Maryn. As if I didn't even say anything, she yells at Maryn (as Maryn is still chanting "Dada Dadada") "Be Quiet Maryn! Can't you tell Dada's not here! You're driving me crazy!" And that was their conversation verbatim :)

As I'm writing this Makenna is in the bathroom with the door closed and Maryn is standing outside pounding on the door saying "Dada Dada Dada." Makenna yells back "I'm not Dada! I'm Kenna!" To which, of course, Maryn replies with "Dada Dada Dada." A screaming match ensues with Maryn and Makenna going back and forth with "Dada" "No Kenna" "Dada" "No Kenna." How ironic that they would do this at the same time that I am typing about all the Dada stories :)

No comments: