Friday, May 16, 2008

New Kids On The Block

Like most women my age, I'm having some serious flashbacks to my childhood lately. With all this talk about New Kids On The Block and their big reunion tour I almost don't know what to do with myself!!! Yes, I was one of the faithful back in the 80s and early 90s. My sister and I were totally, completely devoted to the NKOTB. Our room was covered in their posters. We owned every book, video, tape, t-shirt, shoelaces, doll, etc. You name it, we probably had it in NKOTB. Heck, I think we even had their bedsheets! We memorized all the lyrics, knew every fact about every member and could do every dance to every music video. Yes, we were obsessed. I was going to marry Donnie, Jeanne was going to marry Joe and Carrie (my best friend across the street) was going to marry Jordan. We had our whole lives planned out! We were going to move to Boston and marry the New Kids! The culmination of my obsession came during my dream trip to Iowa City to see them live in concert and I was able to see Jordan hanging out the side of a tour bus. I nearly fainted... serious, just ask my parents. Oh the days. It brings a smile to my face. Call me a dork, but I still like their music :) And I'll probably have to buy their new CD just for old times sake. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my sister and I can get tickets to their concert in Chicago next fall! Rock on!

If you're a NKOTB fan, put on your favorite neon NKOTB t-shirt with some dangly earrings and rock out to this link!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24583744/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know we still can sing every lyric without missing a beat!! Good times:)