How time flies when you're having fun :) I can't believe I'm at 30 weeks already. The anticipation to meet this newest Budke grows everyday. We are all getting so excited. I continue to feel well for the most part, but the extreme exhaustion is starting to set in. Just in time for my holiday to-do list :) I have to go to the bathroom constantly, I have an odd pain in my leg (that's been there since the beginning of my 2nd trimester) and I think I'm starting to get a little more on edge. I remember telling a few people off towards the end of my pregnancies with both girls and I feel that situation repeating itself soon. I passed my glucose tolerance test (which was miserable... sitting in the lab feeling like I was going to pass out for an hour all the while trying to entertain my kids in this tiny waiting room). One interesting thing that we just recently figured out is that I don't have a linea nigra (the dark line that goes down the middle of your belly) with this pregnancy and I did with both of my others. Also, working out is starting to get much harder. I have a lot of pressure from the weight of the baby and I feel like I have to pee every 10 minutes when I'm on the treadmill! But I'm still sticking with it when I can and I'm hoping that it will keep me stronger and give me more energy for the last few weeks of my pregnancy.
One of the most notable things with this baby is her activity level. She is off the charts more active than my other two girls. Don't get me wrong both Makenna and Maryn moved quite a bit in my belly, but this baby does it with force! And it's not just a kick here or a jab there, it is constant and lasts almost the entire length of her "wakeful" period. It has gotten to the point that I have to stop what I'm doing or stop talking when she starts in. It can seriously almost take my breath away. I think Josh thought I was just exaggerating, but one night he was still awake in bed when she started in again (of course she always starts when I'm trying to sleep) and he got to feel her forceful movements. He was in shock. It's not just a sweet little foot or hand here and there, it's like she's trying to get out! She even wakes me up at night with her wild movements. This pregnancy just continues to be different all the way around... I can't wait to meet her and see if she's as different from my other girls as her pregnancy is.
If you've talked to me lately, you've probably heard me complain about how miserable it is being pregnant in the winter. Understatement of the year... I HATE being pregnant in the winter. Everyone always felt so sorry for me when I was pregnant all through the summer the other two times, but I'd take a blistery hot day over this anyday. Trying to carry a 2 year old, a diaper bag and holding the hand of a 4 year old, all while trying to balance with this huge belly on the ice is next to impossible. I can't tell you how many times I have already almost fallen and now I'm almost afraid to go outside when it's bad out. And then there's the constant trying to bend over to put on kids' boots, coats, hats and mittens numerous times each day when I can't really even bend over anymore. The mornings when it's snowy or icy I come home just absolutely exhausted because the weather takes so much out of me. I'm sure February will be so much easier when I'm hauling a baby carrier around on the ice :)
Dear sweet little baby, we are so excited to meet you. Your sisters (especially Makenna) talk about you everyday and all the ways they are going to be a good big sister to you. I think Makenna will be glued to your side once you get here :) She talks to you in my belly almost everyday and you respond with movements when you hear her voice :) We can't wait to snuggle you and love you to bits and pieces!
No comments:
Post a Comment