Saturday, December 13, 2008

From No Socks To Slippers

Anyone that has been around Maryn since it got cold outside knows how much this child despises socks. Not just kind of, but like a deep actual hatred for socks. She refuses to wear socks in the house at all and screams "OFF!" the second you take her shoes off to make sure you remember to take her socks off as well. I fight her almost every morning trying to get her socks on her. I have realized there is no use in trying to put them more than 10 seconds before I put her shoes on otherwise they will be off and hidden somewhere in the house. She has even resorted to taking her shoes and socks off in the car! Somedays when she's feeling really mischievous she will even put her shoes back on her bare feet to see if mom won't notice :) Anyway, we get all kinds of advice from all kinds of people about what we should do to "cure" Maryn of her sock phobia. Like we seriously haven't tried it all already? People think we're exaggerating and then they see for themselves and they realize she's not messing around. Anyway, I decided to give slippers a try. I didn't think it would work since she despises footie pajamas and tights as well, but I thought it was worth a try. I bought the first pair and she started screaming when I even got them within 2 feet of her. Ugh. So one more try and I decided to let her pick out a pair at the mall... thinking she'd for sure go for the Dora slippers, she surprised me and got a pair of Princess slippers just like Nenny :) This child actually likes her Princess slippers and wears them on a consistent basis in the house. One day after her nap that was actually the first thing she asked for when she woke up! So progress people! We are getting there! Here are some pictures for proof!

Look at that! Her feet are covered up and she's smiling at the same time!!!


Doing her favorite puzzle... she can now identify all the letters of the alphabet with ease and loves showing off her alphabet and puzzle abilities!


Why did both of my children insist on chewing on the "Y" piece of this puzzle???

No comments: