We were putting the girls to bed the other night after we returned from the Wisconsin Dells. All of a sudden Maryn says "Oh no! We forgot to have dinner!" Makenna of course gets panicked "Yeah! We didn't have dinner! We need to go eat!" I reply with "Of course we had dinner silly goose! Don't you remember? We had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and oranges for dinner." They both looked at me in disbelief and in some form or another both answered together "No! That doesn't count. That's not a REAL dinner. You need to make us a real meal." It actually took Josh and me a little while to convince them that what they ate was a suitable dinner. They really didn't want to believe us!
Trying to figure out what contributed to this attitude that they deserve a certain quality of meal for dinner, I decided that maybe I need to stop making large meals all the time and intentionally feed them sandwiches for dinner occasionally ;) Or my favorite dinner in college, cereal :) But I guess I don't get it... I typically make a meal 5 nights a week and then one night we have leftovers and the another night is some combination of either eating out or eating at family or friends depending on the week. So it's not like I cook every single night and they're not use to any alternatives. So seriously... I think I am solving this problem by cooking less! Sounds good to me ;)
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment