Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Sick Of Being Sick
The past week and a half has been trying for our family. We have some type of stomach bug in our house that has affected each and every one of us and is still hanging on. It all started a week ago Sunday with Makenna waking up at 1:00 in the morning throwing up. Little did we know that this is what our nights would consist of for almost a week straight. Makenna started feeling better by Wednesday morning just in time for Maryn to wake up vomiting that morning. The very next day after dinner poor little Maya got sick for the first time in her life. Maya got hit the hardest of all of us... she threw up 14 times in the first three hours of being sick. She was so tired and limp and it took everything out of her every time she vomited. The nurse wanted us to head to the ER if things didn't slow down in the next hour, but praise God they did. She only threw up 3-4 more times the rest of the night (not great, but better then earlier). By Friday morning, as long as Maya had something to drink then she was acting like her normal self for the most part (other then still being extremely tired from all of the missed sleep). Of course during the night on Thursday night I got sick as well, thus leaving Josh to tend to the sick kids all by himself. Maryn at this point was in a cycle of feeling better during the day and getting sick every night. Josh then got sick over the weekend as well. Maya then had a repeat bout of stomach pains and diarrhea on Monday and then once again last night we were up with Maryn again while she had diarrhea for 3 hours straight. Did I mention how tired I am??? Even though we weren't feeling well, Josh and I were only able to get an average of 3 hours sleep per night during this whole fiasco. That doesn't do much for the recovery process. I called the nurse this morning and she told me that we're doing everything we can, just that some of these viruses last up to 2-3 weeks in kiddos. :( Can I cry now? I feel so bad for Maryn. I just want her to start feeling better. And I pray that everyone else that is healthy can stay that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment