Having three little girls in our house, teaching modesty has become a necessity. We have stressed this with them over the past few months, talking about what's appropriate and what's not for a little girl. We've had the conversation numerous times about how nobody except mommy and daddy (and the doctor when mommy and daddy are there) can see them without their clothes on. Maryn totally doesn't get it yet and still prefers to run around in the nude, but Makenna is old enough and really grasps the concept.
This leads me up to a few weeks ago when the neighbor girl was playing at our house. Makenna, Maryn and Ana were upstairs playing princesses and dressing up in all sorts of princess outfits. All three came downstairs and paraded around showing off their beautiful outfits. Makenna came over to me and quietly whispered to me "Don't worry mom, I helped Maryn change. And I took her in the other room so Ana couldn't see her these things (pointing to her chest at this exact moment)." I about died laughing but tried to hold it together so she knew I was proud of her for listening and being modest. Oh I love my kids!
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment