Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sock Hop

We attended our first ever school dance last week. Makenna, Maryn and I went to the Echo Hill Sock Hop. You were suppose to dress in 50s style, but given that we didn't have anything like that at our house I let Makenna pick out her own clothes. She picked out this summery dress and of course Maryn followed suit with a dress as well. But of course prior to picking this out we had a full-out girl moment complete with "I don't have anything to wear! I'm going to have the less prettiest dress of all my friends!" Serious. I had to stop myself and remember that she is only 5, not 15. Whoa. Signs of things to come. Anyway, I tried to help but that just made things worse. I decided to back off and just let her do her thing and she was happy.

The Sock Hop was fun. Typical dance... noisy and chaotic. Kids running around every which way and lots of little girls screaming a high-pitched squeal. But it was adorable to see Makenna holding Maryn's hand and the two of them dancing together with all of Makenna's friends. So sweet. I asked Maryn what her favorite part of the night was and she said "Makenna letting me dance with her friends." :)


No comments: