Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Maya's First TV

If you know me, you know that I am very particular about TV. That is what and how much television my kids watch. I don't think a little TV is horrible for kids, but I definitely limit the amount and have actually cut down even more recently. I just think there are other more important things for kids to be doing (ie. like using their imaginations, interacting with their siblings and running around getting exercise!). Plus I think I see a correlation between bad behavior in my house and days that I allow them to watch television (thus why I have started limiting it more). With all that said..... here are some pictures of Maya's first TV experience. She really has shown little to no interest in the television up to this point. If it's on and she's in the room she just continues to do whatever she's doing and ignores it. Well Maryn asked to watch a Veggie Tales video last week and boy was Maya excited! The music in the beginning had her bopping up and down and dancing! She couldn't get enough of them! She soon bounded off the couch to get as close to the TV as possible. I couldn't get over how into it she was. I started to get a little nervous that I may have started a problem, but she grew bored with it within 10 minutes and scooted off to the next toy. Whew! But here are some cute pics I took while she was enamored with Bob and Larry....










No comments: