Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cornman 2010

Josh competed in the Cornman Sprint Triathlon again this year. This was his fourth time participating in this event and his goal was to "smash the course". He has never felt good about his performance at this particular race, and being that he's in the best shape of his life right now training for the Ironman, this was his chance to do so. Boy did he ever! He cut 8 minutes off his previous best race (which is almost unheard of in a sprint distance) and he WON his age group! I knew he was going fast on the course when he kept coming into transition much sooner than I expected him (especially off the bike). We found out the next day that he had the 5th fastest bike time overall of the entire race! Even more important to me is that he loves doing it. He has acchieved many athletic accolades in the past but he told me that this tops 99% of them. I'm so proud of him for working so hard to achieve his goal of completing an Ironman. Most people can barely fathom the thought of this race, let alone actually attempt it. You may be a bit crazy Josh Budke, but I love you and wouldn't want you any other way!

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of Josh actually racing... it was misting for a good portion of the race and I didn't want to risk ruining my camera. Here are some pics post race....

Josh receiving his trophy


Showing his trophy to Makenna


His #1 fan! Makenna couldn't stop talking about it... she'd tell anyone that would listen about her Daddy winning the Cornman!!


Daddy and his cheering section!

No comments: