Friday, October 26, 2007

Flu Shots

This morning we made our annual trip to the doctor's office for our flu shots. The reason this merits a post on my blog is because Makenna LOVES going to the doctor and getting shots. Yes, you read that right. She LOVES getting shots. When I told her last night that we were going to get our flu shots in the morning she was jumping all around the kitchen and told me "I'm going to be brave mommy! I won't cry! I'm a big girl!" And I had no doubt in my mind that this would be the case since last year she didn't even flinch, no tears, nothing. As a matter of fact, she was only upset that they gave me my flu shot first instead of her. Well today she lived up to my expectations... she marched right in there this morning all ready to be the model patient. She excitedly pulled her pants down (to give them her leg), hopped up on the table, and then declared "That didn't hurt at all. I'm so brave!" Yes, yes she is! Every nurse that has ever given her a shot is just amazed. By far, she is not a typical kid when it comes to this.

And poor little MarBear... she did cry and a LOT. To add insult to injury, she is also teething today and in a lot of pain from that already. I have a feeling we're in for a long day filled with lots of tears.

No comments: