Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Our Guardian Angel

Our family deeply believes in guardian angels and yesterday one of our angels was hard at work. Maryn was in her crib supposedly taking her afternoon nap when I noticed that the monitor had gone dead. I didn't think much of it at the time (in hindsight I know I should have) and she was being quiet so I didn't check on her for about 20 minutes. When I walked in her room I was shocked to find her body tightly wrapped up in her monitor cord and her chewing on the cord. She had somehow managed to slip her hand down under her crib, pull the monitor out of the socket and pull it up into her bed. When I saw her laying there my heart just sank into my stomach and tears immediately filled my eyes. I knew how close she was to being in extreme danger. I just stood there and repeatedly THANKED GOD that my baby was okay. She is perfectly fine and was oblivious to the fact that she was in any danger. We are so blessed to have our guardian angels watching over our family.

No comments: