Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pumpkin Patch 2007

We recently made our annual trip to the pumpkin patch! We had so much fun! We always go to the same place... Kroul farm in Mount Vernon. It is a family run farm with lots of fun activities for the kids to enjoy, plus their pumpkins are still reasonably priced (which isn't the case at most pumpkin farms anymore). The girls had a good time and each got a pumpkin. Makenna's favorite part was the maze made out of hay bales... most likely because Daddy let her climb on top and run around :) Truth be told, Daddy wanted to climb on top of the hay bales and run around :)

Daddy and his girls on top of the hay bales


Mommy and her girls at the pumpkin patch


Maryn checking out the pumpkins. She prefers pumpkins with stems just like her mommy :)


Daddy showing Maryn the cows. She only liked the cows from a safe distance. Makenna usually loves all the livestock and animals they have at this farm, but was too focused on getting her pumpkin this year to enjoy the animals.


Which pumpkin should we get? Makenna actually hunted around to find just the right one.


Makenna with her pumpkin!


Attempting to get the girls to stand by the "How Tall This Fall" sign. More to come on this in a future blog.


The people that run this pumpkin farm are genius and have outdoor toys for the little kids to play on. Makenna enjoying one of the cars.


The girls playing bumper cars.


Maryn LOVING her car!


Maryn checking out the hay bales.


Sidenote: As you can see in some of the pictures above, I finally had to get glasses :( I was always so proud of my perfect vision, but knew something was up for the past few months when I would have excruciating headaches after driving and doing computer work. I'm still not sure what I think about the whole thing, but they helped my vision almost immediately. Thank goodness. Hopefully now all my bad headaches will go away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

28 must be the age- I too got my first glasses!! How is Maryn's itching? Beautiful pics as always!! Carrie:)